OGUN STATE BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT COUNCIL (OGBEC) ON THE EASE OF DOING BUSINESS IN THE STATE
The Ogun State Government has always been cognizant of the need for an enabling and investor-friendly environment that is able to attract capital and foster economic growth. The investments for creating such an environment are recognized within this strategic plan, along with a clear intention to build on and consolidate the progress achieved to date.
Consequent on the above, the Ogun State Business Environment Council (OGBEC) was created to improve the business enabling environment and increase private sector investment in the State. The Council is implementing strategic reforms aimed at improving the business-enabling environment in the State. The reforms are structured to ultimately reduce the cost and time it takes to complete business processes in the State.
As part of the responsibilities of OGBEC, the Council will work with the State Executive Council (EXCO), relevant Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs), and other structures, to track and measure performance against action plan, generate feedback and escalate successful procedures.
The Council is chaired by the Honourable Commissioner for Finance and Chief Economic Adviser to the Governor of the State. Other members of the Council are:
(ii) The Head of Service, Ogun State Civil Service
(iii) Honourable Commissioner, Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment
(iv) Honourable Commissioner, Ministry of Budget and Planning
(v) Honourable Commissioner, Ministry of Agriculture
(vi) Attorney – General/Honourable Commissioner, Ministry of Justice
(vii) Honourable Commissioner, Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development
(viii) Honourable Commissioner, Ministry of Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs
(ix) Honourable Commissioner, Ministry of Housing
(x) Honourable Commissioner, Ministry of Education, Science and Technology
(xi) Special Adviser/ Director – General, Bureau of Lands and Survey
(xii) Director – General, Ogun Invest
(xiii) Chairman, House Committee on Investment, Commerce and Industry, Ogun State House of Assembly
(xiv) Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Finance
(xv) Secretary, Ogun State Business Environment Council
MEMBERS OF THE OGUN STATE ENABLING BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT COUNCIL (OGEBEC)
1. Mr. Dapo Okubadejo – Honourable Commissioner for Finance/ Chief Economic Adviser – Chairman.
2. Dr. Nofiu Olatunde Aigoro – Head of Service, Ogun State Public Service.
3. Mrs. Kikelomo Longe – Honourable Commissioner for Industry, Trade and Investment
4. Mr. Olaoluwa Olambitan – Honourable Commissioner for Budget and Planning
5. Hon. Afolabi Afuape – Honourable Commissioner for Local Governments and Chieftaincy Affairs
6. Mr. Oluwasina Ogunbade – Attorney General/Honourable Commissioner for Justice
7. Dr. Adeola Odedina – Honourable Commissioner for Agriculture
8. Jagunmolu Jamiu Omoniyi – Honourable Commissioner for Housing
9. Tpl. Tunji Odunlami – Honourable Commissioner for Urban and Physical Planning
10. Prof. Abayomi Arigbabu – Honourable Commissioner, Ministry of Education, Science
11. Mr. Aina Salami – Special Adviser/Director–General Bureau of Lands and Survey
12. Hon. Kemi Oduwole – Chairman, House Committee on Industry, Trade and Investment, House of Assembly
13. Mrs. Fehintola Odulaja – Investment Promotion Consultant,
14. Alhaji Hassan Adekunle – Permanent Secretary, Ministry of
15. Mr. Emmanuel Adeleke – Project Coordinator/Secretary